Wednesday, April 13, 2022

April 13: Poem 13

When I was four
My friend Timmy and I
would play Batman and Robin

with my action figures
because he didn't have any

but he had a big wheel.

So I got to ride his big wheel
sometimes
and he got to be Batman
alltimes.

And I always said
I liked being Robin
better anyway.

But maybe

I just accepted
I would never 

be Batman.

Notes

No idea where this one came from. I assume it's my subconscious starting to dig into all of these little nooks and crannies to see what it can find. Again, I've got almost a year left of these to do, so I'm training my brain to keep the radar up. I presume at the end of this year I'm going to think a little differently - the discipline of forcing myself to ponder a moment or an image in this way every day is going to have some kind of long-term benefit, right?

Or not. I suppose we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment